We, humans, have completely and successfully taken over the entire planet with our huge buildings, concrete jungles, and skyscrapers. The list of the tallest buildings in the world includes skyscrapers that took years to build, continuous floors that can be occupied for commercial or residential purposes. Historically speaking, the tallest human-made structures used to be the Great Pyramids of Giza in Egypt, and they held this position for over 3,800 years until the successful completion of development of the Lincoln Cathedral in England in the year 1311. Since the commencement of the 21st century we have seen so many towers, and buildings beat each other for the top spot as tallest structure and finally this spot was taken by and is still occupied by the Burj Khalifa in Dubai, UAE. It became the tallest building on the planet in the year 2010, and no other buildings show any sign of beating it. Here is a record of some of the tallest buildings on the planet right now.
- As stated before, the Burj Khalifa occupies this spot, and has been in that spot for the last 9-10 years. It is located in the concrete and water jungle of Dubai, which is amazingly known for it being one of the most famous tourist destinations in the world. It is indeed a beautiful city which is right on the coast. The Burj Khalifa boasts a mammoth height, standing tall at 2,717 feet. It also has 163 floors and is entirely occupied by offices, residences and some very luxurious hotels. It was officially completed in 2010.
- The Shanghai Tower, located in Shanghai, stands at 2,073 feet, and has a total of 128 floors. It is also mostly occupied by hotels and offices. It was completed in 2015.
- Ping An Finance Center located in China. It has 115 floors in total and stands at 1,965 feet tall. It is used as an office space.
- One World Trade Center is located in New York. It is constructed in the same place as the old twin towers which were also used as trade centers. The new tower has 94 floors and is 1,776 feet tall. It is occupied by multiple offices and hotels. It was completed in 2014, 13 years after the 9/11 attacks.
- The Petronas Towers are famous for being the tallest twin towers in the world. They are located in Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur. The buildings are occupied by offices, and they were officially completed in the year 1998.
- The Empire State Building is one of the most buildings in the world because of its iconic state. It is located in the heart of New York City in Manhattan.
- Princess Tower, located in Dubai, wholly used for residential purposes. It was completed in 2012.